Food-to-go is becoming every day more healthy, colorful and easy. Consumers demand healthier choices. Healthy snacks with less sugar, less carbs and high in protein are a trend today.
After exhibiting in Lunch, the contemporary food-to-go show at ExCel London, 20-21 September 2018 (the UK’s trade event for this industry) it was surprising to see so many colorful and healthy options.
If I had to summarize trends I would say:
- Healthy snacks on the go, many protein bars like Weider Yippie, protein balls, protein bites, low sugar, healthy salad rolls to go…
- Low Sugar, sugar free, and gluten free products
- High protein products and drinks. We introduced our Low Carb High Protein Coffee.
- Functional waters and Energy drinks with a healthy approach
- Bio, natural options, superfoods
- Vegan and vegetarian options on trend
- Nuts creams, cereal base, oats, porridge…
- Health and Wellbeing are becoming a priority
- Designs: Colorful, vintage, very natural and fresh
- Consumers aware of sustainability and using recycling materials
Consumers are becoming more health-conscious and demand healthy on-the-go options. In Weider Nutrition we offer a wide variety of healthy snacking. In the show we presented our top seller Yippie Bar, which is a high protein, low carb and low sugar alternative; Weider Low Carb Protein Coffee and our Vegan Protein bars and Vegan Protein. All the products were tasted and delighted our visitors.
Marketing Director at Weider Nutrition S.L.